You will need
- Modelling clay or blue tag
- Marbles (if you don’t have marbles, use small rocks)
- Glass bowl or a large glass jar
What to do
- Fill the glass bowl or jar with water.
- Drop the marbles into the water. They quickly sink to the bottom. Roll the clay into a ball and drop it into the water as well.
- The clay also sinks like the marbles.
- Remove the marbles and the clay ball from the water.
- Flatten the clay as much as possible, then shape it to make a boat and place it into the water. Now it floats!
- Add one marble as a cargo. The boat settles lower, but still floats.
- Add more marbles, one at a time. How many can you add before your boat sinks?
Large ships float on water, even though they are very heavy. However, a small object like a marble…
View original post 132 more words